This beginning of winter brought us the first chills: to them we want to add our personal shivers, of fright.
We have in fact begun to insert our first pulp covers related to the horror genre, covering the entire span of the last century.
So far we’ve put 52 restored covers ranging from 1920 to 1960. You can look at them here.
MORE PULP COVERS
MORE PULP MAGAZINES
Over the last weeks we’ve added in their respective sections:
– 9 WEIRD TALES (April 1923, November 1923, April 1924, February 1925, November 1927, April 1928, November 1930, November 1931, November 1937)
– 2 ASTOUNDING SCIENCE FICTION (October 1945, April 1949)
– 5 BLACK MASK (November 1932, December 1938, January 1946, January 1950, May 1950)
– 3 AMAZING STORIES (March 1945, September 1969, October 1974)
– 1 ADVENTURE (December 1916) and
– 1 WESTERN STORY (November 1944).
For December we are planning to add our next entry: the great Ziff-Davis’s FANTASTIC ADVENTURES magazine (1939-1953), edited for most of its existence by the editor and author Raymond Palmer, also curator of the leading science fiction magazine AMAZING STORIES. Guests of the magazine were such authors as August Derleth, Robert Bloch and Ray Bradbury among others.
In closing, we renew our invitation to propose other magazines to add (or more issues among those already present): we’ll consider your request.
Just email us at email@example.com.
It’s all for now.
This site relies on ads
If you liked this site, and want it to stay online for the next one hundred years, you have two ways to help us to face our recurrent server fees:
1) without paying: just open the ads from time to time (not for the Amazon and Ebay ads).
2) When shopping on Amazon or Ebay, start your search from our Pulp Magazines For Sale page: you can look for any item you need, not necessarily related to pulps. Just open an advertising and start your search.
Thanks for your support.